Just a potato. Your special message and some stamps.
What we do?
Choose a recipient. We'll write
their address on the potato.
We'll mail the potato.
A surprise arrives in the
- Why a potato? Why the hell not! Potatoes are nutritious, delicious, and hold up amazingly well when being shipped across the country. They're also gluten free!
- Why would I spend $10 on a stinkin potato? Can't I do this myself for half the price? Of course you can! We're here for the people who love the idea but don't feel like going through the hassle of mailing it themselves. Mailing a potato isn't so cheap either. Postage can come in at over 4 dollars per spud.
- How is the potato shipped? All of our potatoes are shipped via United States Postal Service First Class mail. Due to the item being so unorthodox, the spuds can tend to take up to 10 - 15 days to arrive at its destination. Only the best for our spuds!
- What if my potato never arrives? If you or the chosen recipient never receives the potato please contact us through email and we will be happy to resolve the situation. Everyone who purchases a potato leaves 100% happy. That's our spud back guarantee.
- How much do the potatoes weigh? Our Russet potatoes vary in weight but expect them to come in at around 10 - 12 ounces.
- Do you ship internationally? Nope, United States only for now!
- Can I eat the potato when it gets here? We do not recommend you consume the potato after it has traveled across the country inside of trucks, planes, and postal service bags. It has touched a lot of germs by the time it arrives to the recipient.
- Aren't you wasting food? No! Well yes, but each spud shipped is bringing more awareness to the beauty of the potato.
mail a spud?
It's perfect for people who...
Like unique gifts
"I love sending them to friends and family across the country."
– Jonathan T. (Austin, TX)
Like to confuse
"Mail a Spud delivers on what it promises [...] my girlfriend was so confused and thought the potato was hilarious."
– Stacy B. (Springfield, IL)
Like to play pranks
"My friend called me when he got the potato and didn't know what to think. He was speechless."
– Miguel H. (Hilo, HI)